Saturday, March 12, 2011

My First Performance for Masterclass

     11th of March 2011.. My band was chosen by the head of contemporary department to perform during masterclass. There're 3 band performing and we're the last band to perform that day. It was a masterclass by percussionist Steve Thornton. He grew up in New York and has worked and appeared on albums with Herbie Hancock, Mongo Santamaria, Miles David and pianist McCoy Tyner and Tracy Chapman, Tania Maria, Jon Lucien, Mariah Carey and Michael Jackson, Wow!! I can't believe he's playing on the stage with us, and he's so friendly and such a great person to meet.
     We played Ponteio and the other bands played Spain and Incognito. It was great but at the same time i felt really nervous. It was a great experience and i actually overcome my fear, maybe we played that song on stage before. Besides, my band members(Eliz, Ekin, Xiuxi, Emma, Ian, Wen, Quek & Ash) did a very good job. =)
     I love the version of Spain played by one of my Senior-Ganes, and his solo lines was superb. Aih wish i can play like him... Hmm.. =) So this is Steve Thornton..

Steve Thornton





UCSI Auditorium



Where am I? Grand piano at the left, not being captured. =.=



Lol i guess the phorographer must be hating me real lotz, non of the photo have me in there.. dammit. 



Steve Thornton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please feel free to leave any comments, suggestions or inquiries here. You can include your email if you need a personal reply. Have a nice day. =)